Halloween Noms: Caramel Apple Jello Shots
Besides Pumpkin Spice, Caramel Apples have to be next in line for one of the most quintessential Fall Foods. This is a must try treat for any Fall party, or really, any day because they are that delicious. Especially yummy with those tart green apples lining the shelves at the store this season!
Head on over to That’s So Michelle for the full recipe - she really is the jello queen!
Bringing Fall to LA with Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
If you know me at all, you know there is not much I like more than Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. In addition to eating them, I’m perfectly happy thinking, obsessing, cooking, baking, writing, and talking about Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. If you think I’m crazy, you haven’t tried one.
People ask me for the recipe all the time, so here it is!
- 1.5 sticks of butter (just do it, be fat and happy)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A bit of salt
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Let’s Make Whoopie!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together 1 stick melted butter with brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and a bit of salt. Fold in flour!
- Once batter is blended smoothly, create your ideal whoopie pie sized dough ball and place on cookie sheet. (I prefer the minis - they take longer but there is more to love later!)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While your Whoopies are baking, make the delicious Cream Cheese frosting by blending 1/2 stick of butter and 4 oz cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and blend. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla and blend.
- Once your Whoopie Cakes are cooled, spread frosting between two cakes to create the perfect Whoopie Pies!
- Nom. Hard.
Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Frosting
First Pumpkin Flavored Baked Good of the Season and it’s not a whoopie pie! Hello Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Frosting.
I made these babies in 30 minutes (frosting and all)! We washed them down with Sam Adam’s Oktoberfest…can you say FALL? I’m ready for it! Tonight was the first brisk night so far at our new place and I’m loving it.
Next up, whoopie pies. I have all the ingredients just waiting for me. It’s only a matter of time to bring my signature dessert back out!
Making homemade #pupusas to celebrate #Guatemala Independence day aka @mikealfaro day!